The free virtual training on How to Prepare a Scientific Abstract/ Poster for Presentation at Scientific Conferences took place on 17th to 18th March, 2021. It was organized to train researchers on how to write and present abstracts at scientific conferences. A total of 45 participants comprising staff of IRCE/IHV, Catholic Caritas Foundation Of Nigeria (CCFN), Imo State, University Of Jos, Plateau State, PlASVIREC, Plateau State, National Primary Health Care Development Board, Ogun State, University Of Abuja, National Tuberculosis And Leprosy Training Center, Saye, Zaria, Kaduna State, National Postgraduate Medical College Of Nigeria, Zaria, Kaduna State, School Of Public Health, University Of Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigerian Institute Of Medical Research, Lagos State and University Of Maiduguri & University Of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, Maiduguri, Borno State.
The facilitators included Dr. Nadia Sam-Agudu (Senior Technical Advisor, Pediatric and Adolescent HIV), Dr. Elima Jedy-Agba (IRCE Coordinator), Dr. Evaezi Okpokoro (Research Manager) and Ms. Maryam Al-mujtaba (D2EFT/START study coordinator).
– The training achieved the following objectives;
– Enabled participants identify the key components of an abstract
– Empowered participants’ with the skills to write standard abstracts where the key components are presented in a clear and concise manner.
– Expatiated on how to tease out useful information from a research project.
– Boosted participants’ capacity to write logical and compelling abstracts that allows a reader to quickly and accurately identify the basic content of the research project.
– Strengthened skills in writing, reviewing and editing scientific abstracts